-- For this month's menu - CLICK HERE
--To view this month's calendars -
--Parker Place DIA assisted living certification
Dare to Dream!
1. Benson Floyd, was a public transit driver in Waterloo. Benson used to dress up every Christmas for his passengers to make their season a little brighter. When Parker Place discovered that he had a dream to... READ THE REST OF THE STORY HERE.
2. Lynn resides in our Garden at Parker Place. Most days Lynne has a hard time finding the words she’d like to use, but there are a few she says often John and I love you. John is Lynne’s husband, as some already know John is fighting his own battle with cancer. He tries to make it as often as he can to see his beautiful wife but that sometimes doesn't go as planned as he finds himself in the hospital... READ THE REST OF THE STORY HERE.
3. Everyone Meet Jean! Jean is and 86 year old former first grade teacher, who LOVES to keep
busy! Jean and her husband Orville moved in last December, and have adapted greatly! This past month,
I have noticed Jean always walking and tracking her steps, so I started to get an idea! Every year Parkersburg
holds an annual Remembrance Run for the EF-5 Tornado and Coach Ed Thomas, this is a
5K run or walk... READ THE REST OF THE STORY HERE.
4. Everyone meet Howard and Orville. These are two of our four veterans that live in Parker Place!
Howard served in the Navy along with Orville, for most of their young adult lives. A few days before
Memorial Day, Howard had told me how he wanted to go to the Sullivan Brother’s museum in Waterloo
and how it would be great to bring the other veterans! READ THE REST OF THE STORY HERE.
5. Everyone meet Cheryl! Cheryl has lived with us almost a year and has one of the most creative
minds I have ever came in touch with! This past month has been a little rough for Cheryl and we noticed
she was down and wasn’t participating in a lot of our activities, so we wanted to change that. READ THE REST OF THE STORY HERE.
6. Everyone meet Jean and Orville! This couple has been living at Parker Place for around six months
but they are originally from Buckingham, IA. They have one son, who also has only one son, and there one
and only grandson graduated high school this month! Jean had told me how bad she wanted to watch him
walk across the stage, and how that was one of Orville’s biggest wishes, so I made it happen. Me and their
son got together and communicated and set up a big weekend for Orville and Jean to go to Minneapolis,
MN to watch their grandson graduate. READ THE REST OF THE STORY HERE.