Now Hiring RN Healthcare Coordinator
A premier senior living community located in Parkersburg, Iowa is looking for a Health Care Coordinator to join their team. If you a Registered Nurse who enjoys the elderly, working in a team-oriented atmosphere, and have an outgoing, enthusiastic personality, this could be the opportunity you’re looking for. Previous management experience preferred. We offer a full benefits package including a 401K and an exciting, supportive work environment.
Health Care Coordinator responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling HHAs and Universal Workers.
- Present in-services for staff.
- Complete annual reviews.
- Maintain adequate staffing by recruiting, hiring, terminating, and supervising all on-site staff, according to their individual job descriptions, along with supervisors.
- Train each new employee, thoroughly, in his/her duties and in the Policies and Procedures, as they relate to their position.
- Assure quality customer service and performance is achieved by HHA and Universal Workers.
- Participate in the Interdisciplinary Team meetings.
- Participate in the Community Manager on Duty Program
- Review and follow up on incident reports.
- Be responsible for notifying doctor and family of any health concerns.
- Be responsible for having MAR prepared, accurately, monthly and as needed.
- Monitor medications for all residents who receive medication management every 30 days.
- Delegate and document tasks according to the Task Delegation Decision Sheet and the Nurse Practice Act.
- Be responsible for overseeing all medication reminders and administration.
- Complete assessments and write service plans for all current and prospective residents as required by company policies.
- Be responsible for documenting residents’ health concerns in Nurse’s Notes.
- Train on use of personal protective equipment, as required, and monitor staff for appropriate usage.
- Attend/conduct bi-weekly staff in-services and weekly coordinators’ meetings.
- Be a team player and perform various other duties as may be requested by the Manager.
- Assure that appropriate medical information is relayed between shifts.
- Lead as Community Compliance Officer and uphold confidentiality for the Health Insurance and Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA/HITECH) regulations.
- Comply with all state regulations as they apply to assisted living certification.
- Comply with all the Community policies.
- Carry your own personal professional liability insurance
- Fill in for home health aides, when needed.
- Other duties assigned by the Manager.
- Maintain and follow budget.
- Maintain inventory of nursing equipment and supplies and perform annual inventory of all items related to health care.
- Assure 24-hour, 7-days per week on-site coverage to respond to calls for urgent assistance from residents of the Community, and to respond to fire alarms or other emergencies.
- Be on call.
The successful Health Care Coordinator candidate will possess the following:
- Current Iowa RN license
- 4 years’ health care management experience in retirement communities
- Has experience managing six people or more
- Has experience writing care plans
- Has proficient experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel programs and smartphones
- Has the Assisted Living Manager certification or will obtain within 3 months employment
Now Hiring Resident Assistants
The Resident Care Partner is a non-professional employee trained to provide personal care and related services to residents in the community according to documented, individualized service and care plans. He/she functions under the Healthcare Coordinator. May be a Certified Nurse’s Aide but this is not required.
Required Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or a GED.
· Be able to read, write and comprehend English
· CPR Certified and first Aid training within 90 days starting employment. (Provided by Senior Housing Healthcare)
Download the full job description HERE
Now Hiring Part-Time Assistant Cook
The Assistant Cook will assist in the operation of the kitchen, dining room, dish room, and related
storage spaces. This position will also substitute for the Culinary Service Coordinator when that person
is not on site and have the overall responsibility for operating the Culinary Service Department in a
quality manner as specified in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Hours may vary from 6:00AM –
2:30 PM or 10:00 AM – 6 PM or as scheduled by the Culinary Service Coordinator and every other
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare food and assist serving in the dining room.
- Wash dishes.
- Clean kitchen and dining room.
- Follow cleaning schedule.
- Use personal protective equipment, as required.
- Use proper body mechanics for lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Report unsafe conditions to the Culinary Service Coordinator.
- Maintain sanitation in all areas.
- Fill in, as needed or requested.
- Respond to smoke and fire alarm systems.
- Comply with regulations regarding hair covering and hand protection during food preparation.
- Answer telephone promptly and courteously.
- Respond promptly to the Emergency Call
- Please read full job description
Download the full job description HERE